Bernard de St. Valery
Bernard de St. Valery arrived in Acre in the early part of the siege. This family came over at the Conquest, and then held many fiefs in Lincolnshire. One Reginald, of this race, gave lands to the Knights' Templars at Lugge, and to the Abbey of Kingswood, Gloucestershire, his park at Tetbury. Bernard also gave half a hide of land for the health of the souls of his wives, Maud and Annora.
Bernard IV de St Valery was the great grandson of Walter de St. Valery (1035-1097 CE), who died in the holy land during the first Crusade. The father of Bernard IV, was also known as Reginald de St Valery, and is most likely the Reginald, who gave land to the Knights Templars.